Recruitment to vacant posts in NIELIT on Direct Recruitment/Absorption
Please go through the following instructions carefully before proceeding
for filling up the online application form:
Note: On-line application validation rules are
designed based on the eligibility criteria and other requirements/information indicated
in the eligibility criteria. Applicants are required to read the eligibility criteria
carefully and refer to the section "How to Apply" under Guidelines from the top Menu.
Application submitted through online mode does not imply that candidate has fulfilled
all the eligibility criterion/conditions. NIELIT will not check/verify the educational/experience
certificates etc. of the candidates at the time of appearing in the written examination
and it will be the sole responsibility of the candidate to satisfy whether he/she
is meeting the prescribed criterion. However, the documents will be verified at
any point of time during process of recruitment. Applications are subject to further
scrutiny at the time of interview and any point of time during the period of service.
The application will be rejected if it is found that the applicant does not fulfil
the eligibility criteria or has misrepresented/suppressed the information. The
applicants are requested to ensure their eligibility for the post being applied
for before filling up their application.
Checklist: Document(s) to be kept handy before
- Credit card/ Debit card / Bank details.
- Scanned Photograph along with Signature.
- Complete information/documents about educational/professional qualifications/experience.
- Scanned copy of relevant documents of qualification/professional qualification/experience
in respect of the post applied for.
Important Instructions: Candidates are advised
to go through this advertisement in detail for determining their eligibility as
per specified criteria for each post, instructions, selection procedure, mode of
examination, etc. before applying. Please note that last date for submission of
applications online is 14.01.2016.
- The no. of vacancies indicated in the above table are tentative and may increase
or decrease, depending upon requirement as on date of recruitment. The persons selected
can be posted in any NIELIT Centre/Extension Centre/Office in the country in the
interest of the Organisation.
- CITIZENSHIP: A Candidate must be either: (a) a citizen of India, or (b) a
subject of Nepal, or (c) a subject of Bhutan, or (d) a Tibetan refugee who came
over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling
in India, or (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma,
Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania
(formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam
with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging
to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate
of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. NOTE: The application
of a candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be considered
b y the Commission and, if recommended for appointment; the candidate may also be
provisionally appointed subject to the necessary certificate being issued in his
favour by the Government of India.
- To select the suitable candidates for all the positions, written exam followed by
personal interviews will be conducted. While the written Test for all posts will
be conducted at the 24 locations listed below (Para 11) depending upon the number
of candidates applying for the particular Centre and administrative convenience,
the venue for Interview would be communicated to the applicants through the Interview
Call Letter (email/post). No TA/DA shall be paid for attending the Written Examination
or the Interviews.
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/ PWD candidates shall be as per the Govt. guidelines.
The advertisement contains the vacancies in different Centres of NIELIT and the
reservations had till date been maintained Centre-wise. The candidates must upload
a copy of the Caste/Category Certificate in the formats prescribed by Government
of India. The Certificate for PWD must indicate the percentage of disability while
the Certificate for Backward Caste must clearly indicate that the candidate does
not belong to the persons/sections (Creamy Layer) mentioned in column 3 of Schedule
to the Government of India Department of Personnel & Training O.M. No.36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT)
- The cutoff date for calculating the age as well as completion of eligibility
conditions with regard to essential qualifications and experience will be the closing
date for receipt of the application i.e 14.01.2016, which will remain unchanged
even in case of extension of the closing date for submission of applications.
- The Age-Relaxation for reserved category applicants shall be admissible only
in case of vacancies reserved for such categories. The reserved category applicants,
who apply against the post meant for UR category, are not entitled to get age relaxation.
However, the applicants belonging to Persons with Disability (PWD) category shall
be entitled to get age relaxation as admissible to them irrespective of the fact
whether the post(s) is/are reserved for PWD or otherwise, if such posts are identified
suitable for the PWD category. Age relaxation to the persons who had ordinarily
been domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period 01/01/1980 to
31.12.1989 as per Government of India G.S.R. 208(E) dated the 10th April, 1997 as
amended from time to time. Age relaxation for DIRECT Candidates shall be granted
only upto 50 years for any category/combination of categories and under no circumstances
a candidate more than 50 years of age shall be considered. The age relaxation to
departmental candidates will be admissible to the employees working in NIELIT as
per Govt. of India Rules. Age relaxation for ABSORPTION Candidates shall be granted
only upto 56 years for any category/combination of categories and under no circumstances
a candidate more than 56 years of age shall be considered.
- The candidates will be required to remit the Application Fee at the rates
indicated in the Table below through online payment mode via application software
General and all others
₹5400/- and above
₹400/- per application
₹800/- per application
₹4600/- and below
₹300/- per application
₹600/- per application
The processing charges towards remittance of Application Fee and service tax, if
any, will have to be borne by the candidate. Fee through any other mode like Demand
Draft, Pay Order, Cheque or Challan will not be accepted.
- NIELIT will not be responsible in case of incomplete transactions during the online
payment process. It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to ensure that the
correct payment of application fee has been made successfully. Application fee once
paid is non-refundable. Applicants, in their own interest, should check their eligibility
for specific post before remitting the application fee.
- Applicants applying for more than one post should submit separate applications for
each post and remit the application fee for each post separately.
- The candidate must indicate his primary e-mail ID and primary
Mobile No. , on which the communication of NIELIT would reach. The candidate applying
for multiple posts should indicate the same primary e-mail ID and primary Mobile
No. against all posts applied for by him/her. Failure to do so may lead to rejection/cancellation
of the Applications.
- Choice of Centre for Written Examinations: Candidates should indicate their
choice for Centre for Written Examination from the cities listed below in the appropriate
column of the online Application Form. No change of Centre will be permissible at
a later date. NIELIT, however, reserves the right to direct the candidate to appear
for Written Test at any location irrespective of his indicated choice depending
upon the number of applications received and the administrative convenience. The
venue for Interview shall be communicated through the Interview Call Letter. No
TA/DA shall be paid for attending the Written Examination or Interviews.
(1) Agartala (2) Aizawl (3) Auragabad (4) Bangalore (5) Bhubaneshwar (6) Calicut
(7) Chandigarh (8) Chennai (9) Delhi (10) Gandhinagar (11) Gangtok (12) Guwahati
(13) Hyderabad (14) Imphal (15) Itnagar (16) Jaipur (17) Kohima (18) Kolkata (19)
Lucknow (20) Patna (21) Ranchi (22) Shillong (23) Shimla (24) Srinagar
- Final selection of candidates for appointment to the above mentioned positions will
be based on meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria, the performance in the
written examination, skill test (wherever applicable) and in interview.
- The Written Examination shall be OMR based.
- Written examination will comprise of objective type questions.
- There will be negative marking of @1/4 marks for each wrong answer in the Written
- The weightage of marks for written examination and interview will be in the ratio
of 85:15 for the posts carrying Grade Pay of Rs 5400/- & below and 50:50 for
the posts carrying Grade Pay of Rs 6600/-.
- Separate skill test in Short Hand shall be conducted for the position of Stenographers
and in Typing for Junior Assistant. The Skill Test will be a qualifying Test.
- The passing percentage for the written exam will be 50% for General Category candidates
and 45% for Reserved Category candidates.
- The Syllabi for all Positions will be available at url http://recruitment.nielit.gov.in.
- The self attested copies of testimonials uploaded by the candidates alongwith their
applications shall be verified with reference to the eligibility criteria only if
a candidate is found successful for being invited for Interviews after the Written
- Again when the candidates come for attending the interviews in response to the Interview
Call Letter issued by NIELIT, they will have to provide a self attested copy of
the testimonials and show the originals of the same. The candidates, who do not
show the originals or not having self attested copies of essential testimonials,
will not be allowed to appear in the Interview. Such candidates will not have any
right for his candidature for interview.
- All correspondence in connection with the recruitment will be made by NIELIT through
e-mails/sms only, the candidates must, therefore, regularly check their e-mail ids/sms
on their primary registered e-mail ID and Mobile No.
- Merely meeting the qualifications prescribed for the post and scoring the minimum
passing marks in the Written Examination will not make a candidate eligible to be
called for interview. The ratio in which the candidates will preferably be invited
for interview will be as follows:-
For the posts where the skill test is involved the, the candidates shall be called
for Skill Test in the ratio of 1:5.
Against 1 vacant post
-5 candidates will be invited for interview
Against 2 vacant posts
-8 candidates will be invited for interview
Against 3 vacant posts
-12 candidates will be invited for interview
Against 4 & above vacant posts
-3 times the no of post will be invited for interview
- A Common Merit List will be prepared for each post and the offer of appointment
would be issued to the candidates in order of Merit.
- If at any point of time it is found that the information furnished by the candidate
was incorrect in any respect or forged /fabricated documents were presented by any
candidate, his/her candidature will be cancelled and in case the candidate has already
joined the post, his services shall be summarily terminated.
- Each candidate should affix his/her recent colour passport size photograph (of size
3.5 cms x 4.5 cms) on a White Paper and then append his/her signatures with Black
Pen in another box of 3.5 cms x 1.5cms below the photograph on the same Paper. Scan
the above photo and signature in a single file in JPG format of size not more than
50 KB and upload the same at appropriate space provided in the on-line Application
- Candidates should upload only the relevant document in the following sequence in
a single file in PDF Format (not exceeding the size of 2 MB):
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST/OBC), if applicable.
- Category Certificate (PWD or any other, etc.), if applicable.
- Certificate of Date of Birth (issued by Municipality, etc. or Matriculation/High
- Certificate of Educational qualification, which makes him/her eligible for applying
for the post
- Certificates of higher educational qualification
- Certificate of Experience in relevant field, which makes him/her eligible for applying
for the post.
- Proof of having knowledge of Computer, (Only if prescribed in the essential or desirable
qualifications for the post applied for)
- The candidates should upload only relevant documents. It should be kept in view
that uploading of irrelevant documents may lead to disqualification of the candidature/rejection
of the Application Form. Non-submission of the documents in the above sequence may
lead to cancellation/rejection of the Application Form.
- Degree/Consolidated mark sheet should clearly indicate the “First Class”/”60%” as
required in the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post applied for. In case
First Class is not indicated on the Degree/Certificate of eligibility qualification
and the same is the requirement as per eligibility criteria, the candidate should
produce a Certificate issued by the University clarifying the position and confirming
that the marks obtained by the candidate, concerned are considered first Class as
per University Rules. In case the percentage of marks is not indicated in the Mark
Sheet/Certificate/Degree, criteria for conversion of the grades/ score, wherever
required, will be provided by the candidates.
- Before finally submitting the on-line Application Form, the candidates must go
through the same carefully. It should be noted that incomplete / incorrect application
form will be summarily rejected.
- After submitting the Application Form, the candidate should take the printout of
Acknowledgement Slip bearing a reference number, which should be referred to in
all future correspondence with NIELIT in connection with recruitment process.
- Candidates working with Central Govt/ State Govt./PSU/Autonomous bodies have to
furnish ‘NOC’ at the time of interview. The ‘NOC’ should also confirm that no disciplinary/Vigilance
case is either pending or contemplated. They would also be required to furnish the
copies of their ACRs/APARs for past five years if they are found to be qualified
and eligible to be called for interview. A specific demand for ACRs/APARs would
be sent by NIELIT in case of need.
- Withdrawal of candidature on account of non furnishing of any information will not
confer any right to carry forward or retain the candidature for future recruitment.
- Any request for change of address will not be entertained. Also no change in particulars
shall be permitted and the particulars furnished by the applicant in the online
application form will be taken as final.
- For any problem related to online submission of application form please send e-mail
to email@example.com with a subject as “Name of the post- query”
for eg. “Finance officer – query or contact 011-25966070, 011-23644149, 8376063201
during office hour 9:00 am-5:30 pm between Monday to Friday.
Steps for Online Registration:
STEP 1: Submission of Applicant’s Details
STEP 2: Uploading of scanned Photograph along with Signature and relevant documents
STEP 3: Payment of application fee online
The application will be treated as complete only if requisite fee has been paid.
If a candidate is not able to submit fee by last date, his/her candidature will
summarily be rejected.
I have read all the above instructions and the eligibility criteria
Archive : NIELIT Recruitments